Summer ABC Hunt

I came across the idea when I read Candice's blog: 

Summer Bucket List

and thought that at this point of time it was a little late to start a summer bucket list, but we could certainly go for a summer ABC Hunt! Colin is very interested in letters and becoming increasingly proficient in reading single words or short sentences. 
Side note: I need an idea on where to send the letter to Santa this year. So far we mailed it to "Santa @ Daddy's office", but somehow I don't think I am going to get away with it in the future. Input, anyone?

Back to our ABC hunt. He took his H for helmet and off we went - he climbed on his B for bicycle.

On our way we took many pictures from A for Audi, B for bobby car to - well U for umbrella. 



Later on, my mom joined us, and that's when the real fun started:





We ended up at the train station around 11 am and boarded a B for bus to get home in time to make lunch.

I thought it was a great project and will definitely do one again in fall. Would you like to contribute? Add "Alphabet Hunt" as a friend in Facebook and post your pictures:

Alphabet Hunt on Facebook


In the meantime watch how we did:




While I am writing this I am thinking of a little 2.5 years old boy suffering from leukemia. He is a client's son undergoing chemo therapy for several months. He has to take a dozen different meds throughout a day. The meds make him tired, cranky and weak, he can't walk anymore. His immune system is down, so if they go out (and they only do when they have to) he has to wear a mask. 

This makes me feel even more blessed. Being able to work part time and having the chance to do stuff with the little guy is a reason to be grateful. I am. 



Comments